WINS CLIENT SPACE
RVI underground storage tank (UST) inspection (VIDEO)
President Tom Hay presents at Acoustic Emission Working Group (AEWG-54) meeting in Baltimore, MD, May 2012
President Tom Hay delivers talk on NDT Applied to Bridge Inspection at Association for Bridge Construction & Design (ABCD) in Batavia, NY, April 2012
New remote visual inspection (RVI) capability - Video
DOT special permit approval for Acoustic Emission Retesting of 107A tubes
New pipeline inspection technology for Splashtron coated pipes
2013 NDT Training Course Calendar
Guided Wave Pipeline Inspection System
WINS specializes in the nondestructive testing of pipelines with long-range ultrasound. Under ideal conditions, the technology may be used to inspect up to 1000 feet (300 meters) of pipe from a single sensor position or up to 4000 feet (1.2 km) in one day. The actual inspection range depends on the type of pipe coating, degree of corrosion present in the pipeline, number of elbows, and whether or not the pipe is aboveground or underground. The technology may be applied to thin- and thick-walled pipe, with diameters ranging from 1" to 60", rapidly and economically. Use reliable engineering data to assess exactly where your pipeline needs follow-up nondestructive or visual inspection.
- Rapid screening of long lengths of pipe
- 100% of pipe wall is inspected
- Detection of corrosion in insulated and buried pipelines
How it Works
- The sensor is installed on the outer diameter (OD) of the pipeline.
- Long-range ultrasound is focused upstream and then downstream.
- Ultrasound is reflected back from pipeline corrosion.
- Corrosion is located with respect to the sensor location using the speed of sound in the pipeline tested.
- Corrosion severity is estimated in terms of cross-sectional area loss.
- Automatic report generation with reflector characterization and location.
- Transmission/distribution lines
- Refinery lines
- Offshore risers
- Tank farm lines
- Storage sphere support legs
- Refrigeration lines
- Corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Underground pipelines
- Pipelines under road crossings