WINS specializes in complementary fields of acoustic emission and fracture mechanics to:
- Characterize damage precursors
- Identify initiation of fatigue cracks
- Quantify crack growth rates
We are leaders in developing remote and secure wireless AE monitoring technology and have unique expertise in implementing software, firmware and middleware solutions for custom AE applications.
Shown below is wireless AE architecture customized for our civil infrastructure clients. It has a flash-based non-volatile FPGA hardware for handling the signal processing, data compression and automated data interpretation requirements.
- Civil structural health monitoring using AE and strain sensors – National Science Foundation
- Distributed fiber optic AE sensors