WINS offers the following inspections for aerial lifting devices:
- Acoustic Emission Load Testing
- Ultrasound Inspection of Pins
- Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant testing of Critical Welds
- Visual Testing by NFPA, ANSI and ASTM Standards
- Functional and Operational Checks
- Dielectric Testing of Fiberglass Booms
- Dielectric Testing of Hydraulic Fluid
- Hydraulic Fluid and Engine Oil Analysis
WINS load testing procedure for acoustic emission testing of aerial personnel devices follow ASTM standards F914 and F1430. The devices are subjected to two cycles of loading at loads two times their rated capacity while being monitored for acoustic emission activity, which can be an indication of fatigue.
WINS employ their very own acoustic emission data acquisition hardware and analysis software for the testing of aerial personnel devices. The number of hits, amplitude and the counts are registered and plotted against the applied loads and load intervals. ASTM standards are utilized to interpret the results.
Our American Society for Nondestructive Testing certified inspectors have complementary training in fall protection, rope access (SPRAT),h ighway safety, railway safety, and confined space entry.